View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly
Here was my "Summation" after the trip:

Gentlemen:

Just returned from Lost Wages. Awesome weekend and a Monday. Three full days of Sports Book investigation and enjoyment.

The Wynn is amazing. Steve Wynn has that hotel absolutely shining in every way and the Sports Book there is luxurious. You think you are in a Board Room when there. Great service. I stayed ONE night and the rooms are top shelf indeed. Makes the Luxor or Excalibur look lack luster in comparison, but I stayed at Luxor two other nights for $29 per night. Wynn was $89 with my Sports Book Stay discount.

LVH (Las Vegas Hilton) is very nice. Great Sports book, easy to get food and drinks and they seem to cater to the HorsePlayer. I felt the same way at Paris, but their Sports Book is much smaller.

SouthPoint has a separate HorsePlayer Sports Book area. If you are just looking for playing the Ponies and want a large dedicated book to do it in, I have to recommend SouthPoint. And, they have Hot Dogs for 50 cents each. You can get a two Hot dogs and a coke for under 3 bucks. I hit a Daily at SouthPoint so it was Steak and Lobster that night for dinner.

Red Rock is nice and out of the way. I had never been there before. Like SouthPoint is not "On the Strip".

The Palms and Aria are excellent. They came highly recommended and I thank the user for sending me a PM. I give Aria a slight edge here. Really nice area for the Book and great service by the ladies. I don't drink, and wanted Lemonade with a spritz of Seven Up. They remembered this and brought me one every 30 minutes like clockwork.

I hit Mandolay, Bellagio, and Orleans on the final day. Not bad.

Overall? It's hard to pick a winner. If you want to feel like an executive high roller, Wynn wins hands down. For a huge dedicated HoresPlayer Sports Book? SouthPoint. And the cheap delicious hot dogs are hard to beat. On the strip? Toss up between Mandolay, Bellagio and Orleans.
Red Rock is great if you want to be away from the buzz. It's really laid back.

I really thank you guys for all the suggestions!

-Billy

Glad you had fun!!
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most