Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
westny

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCal Boy
I have had no problems with video feeds on Youbet from Saratoga or the other few tracks I have watched today. You need to understand that in most cases the video feed is dependent on your carrier. I am here in San Jose and my feed works fine. You can be in Buffalo and it works not so fine. It is not Youbet, but the distribution. Comcast cable access through San Jose just happens to be working better at the moment than Adelphia through Buffalo. Sometimes it is the reverse. Most times it is probably the same.

I get a kick out of those who simply criticize for the sake of criticism. Most, if not all, ADW's would love to have Youbet's technology. It is far from perfect, but how do you compare Youbet to winticket and others that get so far fewer hits?

Youbet does a fine job with ADW. I am sure PTC is doing the same. I understand Brisbet does a fine job. No idea on Xpressbet or twinspires.com.

Enjoy the Spa and then on to Del Mar followed by The Big M harness. Not such a bad day.

And I get a kick from people who criticize others when they haven't the remotest idea what drivel they are spouting.

ANY Cable company has nothing to do with Youbet. Comcast,Cox,Cablevision are simply carriers of data...voice, data blocks, and video.

IF the cable company was the problem, then NO DATA WOULD GET TO YOUR TV OR PC. Every www on my PC worked just fine including video from Brisbet and MY TV...all use direct cable connections from Cablevision here in NY.

Now, for YOUR education...YOUBET has a contract with ROBERTS Communication. ROBERTS is a DISTRIBUTER of information...in this case a satillite feed from NYRA. The track sends out it's signal via a satillite uplink... YOUBET has a contract with Roberts to capture and distribute the NYRA track signal. YOUBET(TVG) PAYS NYRA for signal that ROBERTS distributes.

Roberts gets the NYRA signal on the downlink...breaks-up the "BIG" signal into multiple"LITTLE" SIGNALS via muxes and distributes the nyra signal TO COMPANIES LIKE YOUBET WHO USE ROBERTS as their "broadcast provider".

I am simplifying this explanation to concentrate on the Satillite signal.
There are several other intermediate paths from the satillite signals to end user, in this case ROBERTS, which are not germaine to this issue.

The FACT that the YOUBET SAR video signal WAS MIXED ON MY PC SCREEN with YOUBET'S video from MON and ELLIS tells me the problem WAS AT ROBERTS Communications, or YOUBET"S DISTRIBUTOR. No ifs' and, or buts here.

Last edited by westny; 07-25-2007 at 08:37 PM.
westny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement