Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 11:38 AM   #13
CincyHorseplayer

It sounds like we all have come up with some very good angles for this race. Like I said myself I have a compound rating for dirt routes that has picked the last 5 and more importantly have found that the big race for the rating is not worth anymore at 9f than a prior race at 8.5. That is a breakthrough in perception IMO.

But again how much credit can any of us take when there is this level of a favorite parade? It has made the win vs value crowd to gain some ground to talk trash and I don't like it!

But seriously. On one hand it's great that as a collective whole we have nailed this race down to where it makes sense routinely. But on the other, and I said this before the Derby, it is anticlimactic when we start seeing these 2yo's coming out in earnest in late summer, watch them stretch out and mature and show flashes of brilliance, then finally when we are ready to burst with anticipation we get this...

I agree with F2 though it is just law of averages evening out. We will all be there to pounce when the pendulum swings back the other way.

BKS I started playing in 1996 so I am well aware of the prowess of Cali horses overall but that is an oversimplification!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)