Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #11
Matt Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Danzig Candy did exactly what I thought he would, go out fast like a rabbit use to before the point system came to be, & he did it from post #20. He set fast fractions, & like Palace Malice in 2013, the year the point system started, the pace up front burnt everyone close to it out, & Orb closed to win.

The only closer in this years derby was Exaggerator, are they saying he's the best possible closer? And with the fast pace up front, its testament to how good Nyquist really is, with those fast fractions, he still went by Gun Runner & Danzig & won the race.

IMO, the point system has nothing to do with it, I think its just better breeding.
Yeah, I think the race played out more or less as expected. What derby qualifying system was in place prior to the earnings system in 1986?

I'm not sure about breeding...here we are looking for the x-factor and other pedigree angles. Maybe there is something to that? I just don't know.
Matt Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)