Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 01:10 PM   #16
racenomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Not disputing your point Scott, but the article from 2015 that starts off with it is believed, is not going to drive many to choose one adw over another. It has baffled me for years that racetracks don’t give on track rebates to everyone. Would not help me any, but if folks are taking time out of their day to visit your track, you can at least give them 5 percent weekday and 3 percent weekend rebate(obviously just for that track). Might actually convince a few people to go to the track and bet at the track. I know novel concept. But i understand when the industry motto is to treat your customers as if they are degenerate gamblers or willing to pay any takeout for the “entertainment value” of the game it is sort of hard to come up with common sense marketing policies.

As it is, i heard one guy on the bet with the best podcasts say that he gets rebates and every time he goes to a track for the first time he offers to bet on track if they match his rebate, yet they always decline his offer. Go figure.

My honest reaction upon further reflection is the racing industry signed the contracts so live with them. Moreover why is the onus on the consumer to determine what adw is best for the host track. If NYRA bets gives more money to the host track than anybody else it should be front and center in their marketing. If contracts forbid such marketing whose fault is that?

I have been told very smart people run this industry. Sorry, I have seen zero evidence of that. The person choosing an adw needs to look out for themselves.
This industry doesn’t have a care in the world about them.
For what reason does all tracks not owned by the big 3 create an adw and black out their signal on every ADW except their own, OR if that is not cost effective tell NYRA give us an extra 2.5% of handle from NYRA bets and we will all make NYRA bets the exclusive owner of our signal. NYRA tracks do the same thing and make their signal NYRA bets exclusive too.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom