Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
Charli125

It was a rather odd article with twisted logic in my opinion and I agree with your assessment.

So if the takeout increase hurts them, then they'll be proved correct that racing is dying out and will focus on gaming, thus we should bet into the high takeout to prove them wrong? It just doesn't make sense. Yes, hurting their handle plays into their overall strategy, that doesn't mean we should "donate to the cause" by betting into high takeout.

And I know that quite a few players have discussed buying a racetrack, but there are a whole host of issues including, but not limited to, the lack of control most racetracks have over the pricing, availability, signal fee, etc. of their product. I'd assume most horseplayers willing to buy a track would want to run the track the right way, which is almost impossible unless you find a jurisdiction without racing, and are able to get the legislature to go along with your ideas. Even Keeneland and Kentucky Downs can't set takeout below a certain level.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.