Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: KY Turf Cup
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Based on results I can say that TimeformUS and Beyer numbers held up well on Saturday for all races...

In the replay, Oscar looked flat through-out, though covered up into the first turn and wide into the stretch...still Arklow out-performed him early running adjacent for awhile then powered away taking an inside/ middle path to split horses...IMO, Oscar was dull, maybe short...even Bronson blew by him late... pace no factor, guess...

I think pace was more of a factor than the early fractions indicate. That's why I'd like to see the pace figures. the horses who were 1-2-3 at the half were 3-6-11 at the finish. The horses who finished 1-2-3 were 8-6-1 at the half. Most of the early speed tired and the closers did well.
An exception for the leaders was Soglio who contested the early lead and held on for 3rd. One exception for closers was Oscar, who would have had to been a super horse to overcome the huge ground loss. He only lost by 4 lengths after losing at least 7 on the turns. He did very well to perform as well as he did under the circumstances and was best by far considering ground loss.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)