Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: KY Turf Cup
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Given the uniqueness of that turf course I dont see how prior pp's/ and post race figures are much of an indicator of how well or not well a horse ran.

Its like using the belmont figures for all other races.
The uniqueness of that track does present some problems but I think figures earned at other tracks, if one takes certain differences into consideration, are useful. Oscar Performance was clearly the best based on his figures and would have won had he not had that ridiculously wide trip. most if the other horses seemed to run to their figures but the only thing that seemed odd was the performances of the 2 other horses I mentioned. At first I thought that the pace was responsible but based on a generic formula I use when I'm not familiar with a particular tracks' pace pars (which actually works even better than I expect), the pace seemed normal. However the extreme difference in the shape of KY downs probably renders such generalizations useless. I'm guessing that the track shape requires a particular pace par unique to that track and I'm guessing that would show that the race's pace was actually more tiring than it appeared. That's why I'm curious as to what the TFUS speed and pace figures based on that track are.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)