Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #76
Buchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
Vets checked BC over immediately after race and stated she was absolutely fine. She always has had bad front legs and one spays out.

Before racing, jockey stated ground was absolutely perfect.
Nolan had already experienced Ascot in earlier races. The uphill track would ease the stress on her front legs and the excellent grass cover and yielding turf suit her huge weight and power.

Nolan only stopped riding for one stride as the mare was tiring. That had absolutely no effect on her racing speed. She was whipped several times once the runners up started to close too tightly and was fully able to compete to the line.
She ran a 10.84 sectional penultimate furlong - so absolutely nothing wrong with her physically.

Horses coming from Europe to Breeders Cup in California still win.

"It is now commonplace for horses to travel more than 30 hours in a plane, stopping a couple of times, touching down in a new environment, and then being asked to produce their best. It is commonplace, but still risky, as it can all go terribly wrong if the horse takes fright or if the dreaded travel sickness strikes.
Thankfully, Nelly, or the Wonder from Down Under as Black Caviar is known, hardly turned a hair on her journey and when they unzipped her specially-designed Lycra suit, custom-made to aid blood movement during the flight, the mare was able to quickly settle in to her new stable at Abingdon Place on Newmarket’s Bury Road and continue her preparation for her biggest assignment yet. She even had a brisk gallop earlier this week to clear her wind and stretch her legs."

Not competing in UK July Cup to make amends but going straight home - so owners/trainer have no confidence that it was just an off day.

you don't win 22 running unless you are very good.
moody never wanted to take her to ascot in the first place, the owners did.
regardless of the where's or why's that was NOT the real bc of that i am 100% certain.
quite a few australian horses have won that race previously(and much more easily), and not one of them is remotely as good as bc is(or was), not even in the same ball park.
i fell robbed in a way, because here we have people denying her greatness on the strength of one run.

my perspective....horses are to me numbers and that's all they are.
for 40 years numbers only, and this is the only horse that ever ever made me see racing in any other way.
in fact despite never betting one cent on her, i am always nervous before she races, in that she may get beaten.
and she affects many people this way in australia, even people that have never had any interest in racing previously.

so forgive me, if it pi__es me off if people are trying to deny her.
Buchan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)