Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Eden's Moon
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
ten2oneormore

Eden's Moon

Isn't it an auto DQ to strike another horse?I thought I saw Rennesgotzip get hit by Garcia's whip but thought I was wrong after the objection was disallowed.How could the stewards miss this?The chart makes no mention of it either.

From drf:

She may have caught a break as replays seemed to show her rider’s whip smacking Reneesgotzip in the face a couple times turning for home. Eden’s Moon’s main target is the Grade 1 Kentucky Oaks May 5 and she might go next in the Grade 1 Santa Anita Oaks March 31. Reneesgotzip did everything right, pressing the winner from the start. She tried to make a run at the winner into the lane, popped her head upward a couple times (presumably when hit on the face by the whip of her rival’s rider) and didn’t resume her run.

DRF Different article:
Peter Miller, who trains Reneesgotzip, objected to the result. Jockey Corey Nakatani who rode Reneesgotzip, said his mount was struck in the face by Garcia’s whip. A head-on view of the replay did not clearly show Reneesgotzip being struck by Garcia’s whip, although the two fillies certainly made contact.

Miller was frustrated that he had to call an objection and that the stewards did not call an inquiry.

Last edited by ten2oneormore; 03-05-2012 at 10:50 PM.
ten2oneormore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)