Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 09:23 AM   #2394
pandy

I'm not a stock market expert by any means. My dad was a stockbroker and I worked on the floor as a clerk when I was 20 years old. Right now though, I'm very cautious about the market. The market has already priced in the anticipated "pent up" spending spree that should come sometime this year. But the current unemployment rate is 6.7% and I'd be surprised if it goes much lower than 5% over the next year or so. The debt is enormous. Now that Georgia is going to the Democrats, they may be able to reverse the Trump tax cuts and maybe even reverse the deregulations. If they raise the corporate tax rate and add more regulations, that pretty much guarantees another wage freeze, which is what we had for 20 years. Then there's the possibility that illegal immigration will increase, and the Swamp will push strongly for more Globalism tactics, like outsourcing, which also leads to higher unemployment and stagnant wages.

On the plus side, although cheap labor is bad for the working class, it does boost Wall. St profits, so that may even things out for the market. And, the interest rate is going to stay at rock bottom for a few years, at least, which makes it difficult to find other investment options, forcing anyone with any sort of savings to keep buying stocks.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.