Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Anyone buying tickets should be mindful of the sun/shade situation.

Many seats and boxes in the GS and CH will be in the shade, and could be cold.

Yes, I'm aware that 'cold' means different things to people outside of SoCal!

I've been to DMR in November for about 12 race days now and the coldest one was when we had Terrace Dining tables fr a small group. Windy and COLD. We settled up after the 3rd race and moved to the Veranda where it was sunny and warm.
I was down there when California Chrome ran in the Hollywood Derby a couple of years ago in late November. I was up in the grandstand on the 4th floor and it was FREEZING. There were people on the apron who came prepared with down parkas.

Again, you are right that it isn't gonna get as cold as Aqueduct or Belmont got for some BC's (ahem, 1985, 1995, and 2001, ahem), or as cold as the BC at Woodbine was. But it's not comfortable, and Del Mar is a track that sells comfort. If we get typical weather, it's not going to be the big party with the girls in the sundresses like it is during July and August.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most