Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #17
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
The most notable thing to take away from Saratoga 2018 meet is that in 5-6 horse fields, Chad Brown has 5 jockeys riding for him.
I go to Saratoga a few times every year and usually spend at least one long weekend there. I'll continue doing so because I love the track and town. However, I didn't find the gambling particularly attractive this year.

The rain and off tracks were a problem (which incidentally will make gambling at Belmont less appealing to some people because so many turf horses ran on dirt last out and muddied their current form).

The dominance of Chad Brown made it tougher for me to find plays (don't want to take a short price on the assumption his horses will move forward, but they do it too often to play against them with confidence when they get bet so heavily).

I made a few of the biggest race days biased tracks. I usually don't mind that sort of thing. In fact, I think it's an area I can exploit, especially in Saratoga where there's so much casual money. I just think the maintenance crew was really struggling to keep that track consistent from day to day and even race to race. It wasn't like I could go into a card prepared for the possibility of an "X" bias. It was more like Russian roulette. I never had any idea what to expect and at times I was sure the track changed mid card because they weren't watering consistently trying to get the track right.

All that said, I'll be back. It's too beautiful to stay away and generally NYRA did a great job in every way. They can't control the weather or Chad Brown.

(to the OP, the $3 hot dogs are a decent value)

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-05-2018 at 11:11 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most