Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #1186
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
You don't think the police would have cared that an overzealous wannabe cop killed a 17 year old kid named Mike? The only reason Zimmerman was charged was because Trayvon was black?

who cares what the media has said. Isn't the story here that a 17 year old is dead?

We must have a different idea about what a pretty good bet is.

However, my point had nothing to do with your response. I was talking about Boxhair's reaction.
First off, using the word kid when referring to Martin is a bit of a stretch, but ok, technically since he was legally a minor,I guess kid is still permissible...

Second, how long did it take for Zim to be arrested, and this only after extreme public pressure for an indictment? If this were such a simple case of a "kid" being gunned down for no reason whatsoever, he would have been arrested on the spot...it's amazing how everyone who sports this "it's because Martin was black that Zim wasn't arrested that night" fails to acknowledge that Zim isn't white, and that if this entire non-initial arrest were racially motivated, the "racist cops" could have arrested Zim on the spot and killed two birds with one stone, so to speak....

Anyway, i'm one of those who has always maintained a jury was needed to sort this case out...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)