Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #5
MonmouthParkJoe

I have yet to fully embrace twitter. For informational purposes I do think it has its place. I have a few problems with it.

Due to the need we have developed for instant news and the idea that our opinion on things need to be heard , it seems there is very little original content, just the same things retweeted. Since news breaks so fast it seems like some people want to jump on things without fact checking and it spreads like wildfire. It can create a firestorm within minutes even if it isnt warranted in the first place. Add to that it creates a virtual record of everything you say. Knee jerk responses that would have never come out had the person thought it over in the first place have become the norm.

It is here to stay. Social media has its pros and cons, and anyone with an internet connection can become a "celebrity" overnight. Just need to rethink things before sounding off and the impact it could have down the road.

Last edited by MonmouthParkJoe; 05-26-2016 at 11:43 AM.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most