Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 01:27 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Yes, the game has changed old man.

The really really good players don't hang around long in college, and are off to the NBA in short order.

Calipari used to roll with 5 to 7 guys that were top 20 rated players at Kentucky and win championships with Freshman and Sophomores. Well, those days are long gone.

The college game is kind of back to its old roots of experienced players being a huge asset and big and physical teams winning the day.

Sure, the chuck and duck recipe can win some games here and there, but the real teams that advance in the NCAA tournament and win 4 of more games in a row have experience and can play defense and rebound.

I think that is a stain on the game. It isn't "college" basketball anymore. I can see the occasional one and done, but there are hordes of them now. With all the money the NBA makes, they should expand the G league or whatever they call it. Scholarships should not be wasted on kids just there to kill a year that I doubt have even seen the inside of a classroom. Why can't the NBA get a following for minor league teams that baseball does? Expand the draft
and send High School kids to the minors like baseball. You can't pay Lebron 45 mil instead of 47 mil and finance a AAA basketball team?

The local AA baseball team is broadcast on on FM station and on AM station and sells out on opening night and promo nights. The stadium sets 9500 for baseball.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.