Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #153
Track Phantom

It's hard for me to believe horseplayers are not more outraged by this. Not what Navarro and his owner said but how flippantly Monmouth (and any other track that always either of these two on their grounds) dealt with it.

Yes, you can minimize that video with their comments as nothing more than a couple of blowhards spouting off. I don't look at it that way. I look at it as validation of their widespread cheating. They took money right out of the horseplayers' pockets (since they also bet down to the nub) and have little regard for the industry and those who keep it going with their financial investments.

Integrity matters more in horse racing than just about any other sport. Those who jeopardize integrity (or perception thereof) should be dealt with in the absolute most harsh way possible.

The way Monmouth brushed off the commentary leads me to believe they either care so little about protecting other trainers and horseplayers or someone is getting a cut of the action in order to keep it "business-as-usual".

If horse racing is interested in changing the perception the public has then they need to start with rodeo clowns like these. If they're not interested in dealing with integrity issues then they get what they deserve when the public is highly critical of any protective oversight (stewarding, wagering pool/toteboard security, drugs and on and on).

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)