Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 12:02 PM   #56
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

As PA has stated, there are always going to be horses that die from racing. Always have been, always will be. People die in horse racing too. If you can't stomach those things, the game isn't for you. It doesn't make those that participate uncaring or callous people. Most care a lot about horses and never want to see a horse hurt.

There are risks in virtually everything. There are risks with owning pets. Are we going to ban that too? I have dogs that are as friendly as can be but have killed countless other animals in my yard. Rabbits, squirrels, opossums, birds, even a cat. Should the cat owner be banned from having pets too? Where do we draw the line?

Racing can do a better job in decreasing deaths. Watching the race yesterday, I thought maybe the whip was used a little too much. That horse was clearly finished. But now I can't find a replay as it has vanished from most sites. I'll check my DVR later, only I can delete that one. No reason we can't limit whip use or use them for safety measures only.

We need to get rid of the drugs. I'm tired of hearing how we're different. If most of the rest of the world can race without drugs, so can we. That is the one thing that really is going to be tough to defend as time goes on. The general public that doesn't follow racing isn't going to want to hear reasons why horses have to race with drugs. It is never going to be a good look.

That is my two cents, worth less than a penny.

EDIT: Watched again, stand by the whip thing.

Last edited by cj; 11-03-2019 at 12:20 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.