Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 12:31 PM   #43
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Snarky? Pot, kettle, etc.

How about addressing some facts once in a while, other than just heaping praise on Trump and scorn on anyone that says anything critical about him.

Fact. Bush tried the same steel tariffs in 2002. In short, the country lost a net 200K jobs and Bush backed off. How is repeating the same thing going to have a different outcome this time?
... addressing some facts ...?

You must have ignored what I have been posting for years now, much less these past few days ... or you simply don't understand the subjects, which will not surprise anyone any longer.

I posted the net increase of this 'onerous' tariff on steel ... such as a $30,000 car with $500 of steel in it. A 20 % tariff adds $100 .... so on a $30,000 car a whopping $100 increase is little more than dollars and dimes. You never responded to that post either so arithmatic 101 must be a problem for you too.

Or how about the USA having 43 straight years of trade deficits since free trade accelerated in 1975. I posted that and you again said nothing. Or the tens of thousands of factories closed and the 100s of thousands of blue collar job losses ... again I posted that numerous times, usually the only one. Do you dispute any of these facts?

Where were you with a 'fact' disputing anything I previously posted, aside from your those very silly and juvenile emojies, plus your claim that I don't provide facts.

If you need a George Bush -- either Pappy or his stupid son W -- to promote the benefits of 'free' trade as you say it is or to convince us how expert you are on the subject, it'll truly expose how little you really do know afterall.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)