Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #8480
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
That's right. My soul is eternal.

Your rules, not God's.

I told you several times his essence is Divine love, which is a form of energy.

No one is measuring God's energy FYI.

Point being?

Point being?

Poor analysis.

Poor analogy. God is none of that.

I already agreed that the finite cannot contain the infinite. It does not mean the infinite cannot create and be part of the finite. You may remember my use of the term multidimensional as an attribute of God.

God is ALL which means beyond your poor interpretations of the Bible.

I don't worship idols. And I don't worship the universe as God. I already told you that is paganism. I worship, or more correctly I aspire to be one with God who dwells within me. At the same time I am aware that God is in all things and in all people and that is why all things and people should be respected. Otherwise you disrespect God, indirectly.

I only agree that Jesus is/was an incarnation of God. You can have your laws. God is not bound by any "laws".
You're equivocating. You can't say in one breath that God IS the universe and the universe IS God, and then in the next tell me that God is only a part of the universe -- like a a wheel is only part of a car. If a wheel is only part of a car, then it is NOT the car!

And since the basic structure of the universe is Space, Matter and Time, then you can't say that the finite universe can contain the infinite God.

Plus you cannot attempt to say that the God contains the universe, because as stated previously we'd have a situation whereby this universe/god of yours would have had to existed and not existed at the same time and in the same sense (Law of Noncontradiction) in order to create itself/himself. This, of course, is absurd. (But then again, you did admit once that no one ever taught you how to think because that would mean that you already don't know.)

Then of course, we have the immutability problem since immutability IS an attribute of God and is NOT an attribute of the universe, since the universe is always in a state of change or flux. Again, a violation of the Law of Noncontradiction and the Law of Identity. A can only be A; A cannot be non-A.

Of course, God is bound by laws. This is why Jesus was sent into the world. He was sent to undo the lawlessness of Adam and the nation of Israel [b]by keeping his own Father's Law, since Adam broke God's commandment in the Garden and Israel broke God's Mosaic Covenant, i.e. the Law of Moses. God, in other words, is bound by his NATURE. Again, the Law of Identity kicks in. Since God, in his nature, is holy and righteous, then he cannot act contrary to his nature.

But if you insist that God is not bound by laws, then he doesn't have to love anyone. He is free to love or not love. Since you dismiss the Law of Identity, then God is not bound by his nature to love, since he can act contrary to his nature. In your loony world, A can indeed BE non-A.

Then we have the problem of Jesus' teaching that God is spirit and that NO ONE has seen God at any time, save for the Son. Yet, if God IS the universe, and the universe is God, then each of us sees God every single day since the universe is filled with Matter.

You have become entangled in your web of deceit which you have been spinning the last few days.

P.S. Oh...and the Potter-Pot analogy thingy -- that is a biblical analogy See Romans 9. And Paul borrowed that from the OT to boot.

In Paul's use, God is the Potter (Creator) and the Pot is a human imager whom God has created.

Last edited by boxcar; 09-20-2018 at 03:57 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)