Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:06 AM   #8476
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
So you want me to cover space and time as well? OK. First of all time does not exist. Not going to explain that here.

Second of all space is not empty. Ask any astrophysicist. And yes God would be what the matter that can't be seen in "empty space" is.

Of course God cannot be measured. But an energy in question CAN be measured. And that energy comes from God and is part of God.

You need to understand that God is not confined to an anthropomorphic being. He is multitasking , multidimensional and formless.

I never said that. But I said he incarnates which you seem to agree with me at the end of your last quote citing Jesus as an incarnation of God.

You misquote me. I said God's essence is Divine love. But that he incarnates as the universe, in the flesh, or whatever he wants.

You cannot have an eternal God in a time bound universe. It would not contain him.

I am not saying the universe is God by itself. That was Paganism. I am saying that everything that has been made by God has God's intrinsic energy within it. Just like we have a soul which is God within us and is part of God.
So you are unique, heh? You are not time-bound.

God does not incarnate the universe because that would at once make him mutable and immutable, which is an absurd contradiction. God, as the Logos, would violate his own laws of logic, which he also created.

When you say that God IS Energy, you are making a statement about his nature (essence). Since God cannot be measured, then he cannot possible BE Energy that is measurable. This would be another contradiction.

Also, Energy could not exist apart from Space and Motion. This is why you cannot logically or even scientifically isolate energy from the rest of the fundamental elements that comprise the basic structure of the universe. Energy requires Space and Motion. And wherever there is Motion, there is Time, for time is nothing less than the progressive succession of motion. Buy a sundial someday and check it out. Watch the days and nights fly by.

Also, without Matter occupying Space, Space would be very empty and imperceptible. Matter actually defines Space, just like furniture in an empty room defines the room. The only way we CAN know Space exists is due to the existence of Matter in all its three components (Motion, Energy and Phenomena). In other words, Matter is to Space what Christ is to God. Jesus in the flesh reveals God the Father to us, likewise, Matter reveals Space to us.

Also, if God is mutable then there is no guarantee that he can't change his essence. God could cease loving and feeling nothing toward his imagers or even hate them.

In short, to borrow Paul's analogy, the Potter (God) who creates the pot (let's say the universe) is not the pot. Also the real world doesn't work that way (temporal reality as we all know it). A builder who builds a house is not the house nor is the house the builder. An artist who creates a painting is not the painting and the painting isn't the artist.

Finally, God cannot possibly be the universe because the universe cannot contain him (1Ki 8:27; 2Chron 2:6; 6:18). Yes, it could contain the idol of your god that you have erected inside your head, but it cannot contain the God of divine revelation. So, your god is not only impotent (since it's beyond him to give true understanding of his revelation to people, according to you) but he's also very small, since he's only the size of the universe.

As stated on previous occasions, the otherness of God is beyond human comprehension; but here you are trying to play the genie by sticking God inside a bottle and calling him/it the bottle (i.e. the universe).

And just as aside, since I brought up idols: If God is all and all is God, then why is idolatry forbidden everywhere in the bible? Why does God expressively forbid the making of anything in any image, and worshiping it? If God is a chiseled stone or carved wood idol, then what is the big deal?

Finally, I never cited Jesus as AN incarnation. Jesus is THE incarnation of God. As in the one and only. And I explained how this was possible without violating any of God's created laws of logic.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)