Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 04:59 AM   #8
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I base my opinions of books, methods, etc on whether I learned anything from it. I definitely learned from POWER OF EARLY SPEED.

One book I was disappointed in was
"Off the Charts: Turning Result Charts into Profitable Selections at the Track" by Nick Borg

I had high hopes when I ordered it...didn't learn a thing from it.

I ordered a "grab-bag" of assorted books on e-bay. You couldn't pick n choose...that's why it was called a "grab-bag". The price was very low, even with shipping so I went ahead and ordered one. I received a box with maybe half-dozen books on horse racing.

Don't know if anyone has read, or even heard of "Scientific Handicapping" by two college professors --one Poly Sci, the other Professor of English, who happened to also be horse players. They discussed their findings & testing by going through old stacks of Racing Forms.

That struck me as odd--two college professors using old 'forms for data...like we all did before computers. I finally looked at the year the book was printed: 1963.

It could be valuable to a collector, but a previous owner (or two) underlined sentences on almost every page.

Another book about betting systems (martingale, etc) ...hand written on the opening blank page it said " To Dad: Happy Father's Day 1968--love Nancy"
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement