Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #720
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Interesting -On an average, how many races with anonamial do you have have to adjudicate a day?
I'll admit I've probably gotten overly cautious, but I probably still have less than 3% get flagged automatically. Of those I might actually check half. I've learned over time the ones that look really odd and need checking.

For example, if I see a 6f race that looks like this shape (figures, not time):

1/4 90
1/2 80
Fin 100

I'll check the chart and if it is a horse that came from off the pace and drew away I've found that shape is fine. It checks out timed properly every time so I don't time it any more.

The ones that are based on variant occur as I'm making my speed figures. That probably adds another 2-3% of the races to my list. These can be timing problems, fat fingered chart entry, etc. The first thing I do is check the chart and see if there was a timing problem. There is usually a note at the end of the footnotes if a race was hand timed or a particular fraction is missing or was hand timed. These almost always get flagged automatically as hand timing just isn't very accurate no matter how good a person thinks they are at doing it.

Then I check the replay to see if the fractions on the video match what is in the chart. This used to be a much bigger problem. Equibase has been doing a much better job at this the past year or so. It happens once in a while but the frequency has really been reduced.

Lastly, if those things check out OK, I'll time the race from video. Sometimes you can see a problem where the fractional or final time will pop up on the screen too soon and it is obvious. But otherwise the beam system is usually deadly accurate when everything is working properly. I wish I could say the same for Trakus and the new GPS system that is popping up at tracks in North America. It just isn't accurate enough in my opinion at this point. Maybe we'll get there some day but currently we're not as I've found via video timing quite often.

Here is a link on how I do video timing:

https://timeformusblog.com/2018/12/1...ming-tutorial/
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)