Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 10:24 AM   #24
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
As a bettor, I've long passed the point of trying to figure out why certain trainers seem to do great with new acquisitions. It really has no effect on me. I just like to know which ones have it happen the most and use their horses when appropriate. I leave the why to regulators. I know I've watched more horse races than most people alive and I know what it normal and what is out of the ordinary.

As a speed figure guy I see plenty of things that make me wonder, but again, it really doesn't matter to me. It helps knowing who the move up guys are so you aren't surprised when making numbers and skeptical because a horse seems to run off the page. With some trainers, it is best to expect the unexpected. It helps keep you from making bad numbers.
This post reminds me of a Harvey Pack quote from years ago. When at the Paddock Club,Harvey was asked what are you going to do about Oscar Barrera ? He responded,I don’t know what you are going to do,but I am going to bet him.
This was when Oscar was at his peak. Things are no different today. You have to bet these trainers when they are hot and in most cases throw out their horses when they change barns.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)