Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: HUMOR
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 03:23 PM   #1616
TJDave

The year is 1973.

Angelo was getting a haircut prior to a trip to Italy. He mentioned the trip to the barber who responded, "Italy? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded & hot and full of pushy Italians. You're crazy to go to Italy. So, how are you getting there?"

“We're taking Alitalia” said Angelo. “We got a great rate!" "Alitalia?" exclaimed the barber. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they had a crash landing last summer. So, where are you staying in Italy?"

"We'll be in Rome at the St. Regis."
“That dump! That's the worst hotel in the city. The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced. So, whatcha doing when you get there?"

"We're going to go touring, we are definitely going to stop at the Vatican and we hope to see Pope."
“That's rich," laughed the barber. "You and millions of other people trying to see him. As if that could ever possibly happen. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, Angelo came in for his regular haircut. The barber asked him about his trip to Italy...

"It was wonderful," said Angelo ,"not only were we on one of Alitalia’s brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. Security was top notch. The food and wine were wonderful, and We had a beautiful 28 year old stewardess who waited on us hand and foot. And the hotel-it was great! They'd just finished a $25 million remodeling job and now it's the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us the presidential suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the barber, "I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, for as we toured the Vatican, apparently a Swiss guard overheard my wife mention to the tour guide that as President of her Daughter’s of Italy chapter, over 60,000 dollars had been raised for underprivileged children.He tapped her on the shoulder and asked if we would be so kind as to step into a private room because someone wanted to thank her. Sure enough, five minutes later the Pope himself walked through the door and shook our hands! He then said a few words of thanks to my wife and kissed her on both cheeks.”

“He then leaned over very close to me-and whispered something in my ear.”

"Really?" asked the Barber. "What'd he say?"

He said, “Where'd you get that lousy haircut?”

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)