Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 12:05 PM   #15
classhandicapper

I don't think about betting horizontals (or any other bet for that matter) as strategy problems. I think of them as handicapping and math problems. I want every combination on my overall ticket to have a positive expectation (or at least be very close to neutral for a net of positive). That's the way I structure the bet.

If that means singling 1-2 horses that's fine.

If I hate a couple of favorites and spread a little against them because I don't have a strong positive opinion that's fine.

If the only way to do it is either too much money or likely to produce long losing streaks too much for my bankroll and psychology to handle, then I don't play that bet.

I'm NOT trying to figure out how to cash the bet or how to make a score. I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to get better value out of the exotic bets than simply making win bets on the horses I think may present some value.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-14-2020 at 12:10 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most