Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #5
o_crunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Off the top of my head, always dangerous, I would be careful with Monmouth, as they don't race that many dates, and it seems to me weather played a very important ( negative ) role for them over the past six weeks or so. Even more, perhaps, because of the added dates ( which definitely did not work out ). Their early numbers, before they expanded to four days a week, told a very positive story....and they had sports betting during that period as well.
I would not say the early part of the meet was as positive as the press made it out to be. MTH was stuffing the box with horses and their per entry was down significantly both before sports betting and after. Increasing field size is as sure a handle increasing measure as you will find and MTH did that throughout the meet and particularly up to Haskell day, yet was down between 5 and 10% during that time, week to week, which foretold where their overall handle eventually went.

Also keep in mind, the same trend is taking place at DEL, where it is magnified.

o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)