Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 04:58 PM   #8
Thomas Roulston

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Those races don't get written because they don't fill. Hard to imagine there would be enough horses to make them fill now. That is something for the racing secretary to figure out.

As I said, who knows on the best number. Maybe it is 10. But since clearly seven wasn't enough, I was looking for a little bigger bump than three more pounds.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting making it an option like it was in the Pegasus. I'm saying something like the conditions---121 pounds, if entered with Lasix, 133 pounds. Then after a year you analyze the data and see if you need to go up or down, but always leaning towards non-Lasix users when data is murky.

They'll fill now - thanks to the new Lasix rules.

And you can pretty much build a de-facto "Lasix penalty" into the conditions by writing such races like this:

"For (insert age, gender etc.). Three-year-olds, XXX lbs. Older, XXX lbs. (based on time of year). Non-winners of four races other than maiden, claiming or starter allowed 3 lbs. Of three races other than maiden, claiming or starter, 5 lbs. Of two races other than maiden, claiming or starter, 7 lbs. Of a race other than maiden, claiming or starter, 10 lbs. (Highweights on the scale preferred)."

It is rather obvious that the Lasix-dependent horses would be entitled to no weight break at all, since they will have long since exhausted their allowance conditions (those that haven't can continue to run in N1X, N2X etc. allowance races now, until they win at those levels).
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)