Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #4066
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Yes, you did. In post #4295 of Religion I you saidYou back pedaled on your claim by limiting it to "doctrinal issues." That allows you to dismiss any contradiction as not being a doctrinal issue.
Yes, I qualified my statement and even in other places have essentially said "in matters of Faith or Practice". A scribal error in numbers or variations in spellings of names are not matters of Faith (doctrine) or Practice. Evangelical Christians have always believed that inerrancy applies to only the original manuscripts. Over the course of many centuries,a small number of copyists errors have occurred which comprise a very tiny percentage of the entire body of scripture. (After all, copyists aren't infallible.) But again....in all my years of study of the scriptures I have never found any contradictions in matters of [the objective] Faith or Practice.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)