Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 11:39 PM   #73
proximity

black card borgata blues......

ok poker fans we're back with more hold em excitement from the borgata in windy and rainy atlantic city!!

following brief winning streak in maryland and pennsylvania we hoped to for our good fortunes to continue on the jersey shore.

they did.... kinda..... as i hit a $250 high hand at borgata but suffered a loss in the game which i quit to try a late supper at the borgata's buffet.

$12.50 of comp dollars for black card holders seemed like a steal and i chowed down on what was left of the chinese food. it was good but overall i still feel that borgata's bread and butter cafe gives me the best bang for my comp $$. and soon i won't have much choice anyhow as i'll probably be demoted to humble red card status in july.

after the buffet i went up to the room to rest for a while before returning to the card room to spend the night relaxing in some 2/4 hold em.

i'm to the left of two incredible donkeys.... what dilane would classify as the best seat (i think).

we encounter some really strange cats in our poker travels but the one guy actually surprises me. he seems somewhat "normal"..... well dressed, groomed, polite, could be your 35 year old yuppie neighbor..... doesn't really check a lot of "major donkey" profile boxes i guess.... but his play i'd label aggressive aunt hortense. playing 100% of hands and raising 75-80% of them!

he's raising these 94s, showing down bottom pair, losing and politely saying "nice hand" as his green chips are being distributed around this lowly 2/4 table.

i beat him with AA and he says "nice hand" but that's the only time i hear it as i lose hand after hand after hand after hand.

i lose with pretty much every low and medium pocket pair in the deck and about ten times with pocket 6s.

in the end i drop $120 in this recreational game and barely show a profit for the day despite hitting a high hand.

thank you for reading.

game -120 (2/4)
year -1134 (26-26)
promo 0 (470)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)