Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #50
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
Nitro claims he makes a 40% ROI and his goal is to bet $200 Qs, yet his five horse keys at Sha Tin almost always include the 3-4 of the lowest priced horses. $3.40 to win and $9 Qs aren't gonna get it done, even with the formful runners of Sha Tin.
Funny how things are taken out of context, but I’ll just say that if your making plays that double and triple your investment then I would say its not only “gonna to get it done”, its going to allow for a few losses along the way too. (By the way apparently you haven’t been following Sha Tin very much, but I don’t blame you for wanting to sleep)
Quote:
Nitro's posts often contain overtones that "most horseplayers think tote handicapping doesn't work" and/or "I win with tote handicapping, so it must be the ONLY way to handicap" - when in fact neither of these views are true. Ironically, the "besmirching" is done by Nitro himself as he poo poos traditional methods of playing the ponies.
Generally the only time I’ll convey that message is when I feel its high time to offer a second opinion. It’s unfortunate that I step on so many toes when doing it. I guess it’s because I know their game inside and out, but they know very little about mine.
Quote:
Nitro's method of only using the tote ensure he's always betting underlays. That's okay if the goal is to win, and you still win, but perhaps combining another method or two in the mix might avoid those "no clue on that longshot placer" posts when a bomb blows up the keys.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Yes, of course the GOAL is to win, and occasionally a long shot off the radar will spoil things, but it’s only because the long shot among my selections didn’t fire.
Quote:
Nitro's posts often conclude the rest of us are ignorant, and he'll leave it at that - yet he cannot resist returning to post about his triumphs, and is back posting his selections when he declared he was "taking his ball and going home" - calling into question his motives and maturity.
Again taking things out of context! I used the term “ignorant” as it pertains to tote board utilization. If you take it personally to mean more then that then what can I say?
I might also ask you sir your motive for even questioning me about returning to PA. I’m here to have some fun and spending most of my time sharing information in the Selection forum. It’s funny how few of the detractors show up over there. It might be interesting to see them back up their claims.
Quote:
By restricting himself to tote "handicapping", he's not maximizing his return. Nitro should be trading bonds or blue chip stocks, as an equal amount of effort in those markets would return much more profit.....and save the rest of us his tiresome repetition about how great his method is, and how misguided the rest of us must be......
Friend, take it for whatever its worth. I didn’t start this thread, and I’m not going to sit idly by while some try to discuss something they know absolutely nothing about. Using the tote analysis is the EXACT OPPOSITE of being restricted. In fact, not only does it provide excellent results, but it takes me all of about 10 minutes to determine if a race is playable and which entries to play. I call that dam efficient.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)