Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #14
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
Bettors who aren't paying attention are rarely in luck, and you don't need a horse to run off pre-race to exemplify that fact.

Every nag that's never been less than ten lengths from the lead at any call gets money bet on it by bettors who don't pay attention.

I've known plenty of bettors who make the same mistakes day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year because they don't pay attention.

You are not supposed to pity the fool who doesn't pay attention, you are supposed to take their money. For all those who complain about how hard it is to turn a profit these days think how much harder it would be if everyone actually paid attention.

Would you advocate for some sort of rule in poker that protects a player that chooses to watch TV rather than pay attention to the action on the poker table?
I didn't start this thread out of the pity that I feel for the inattentive horseplayers out there. There are bettors out there who place their wagers ahead of time, and then go on to other life responsibilities. Others play online...and might have been watching another racetrack feed at the precise time when that horse at Wrd broke loose. And still more players indulge in the horizontal wagers that have become so common in the game...where the player is locked into betting on a particular horse, without the option of backing out of the bet later. I could have been active in a horizontal wager involving that horse yesterday...and seeing the horse in the starting gate would have upset me greatly. What Wrd did yesterday was a great disservice to ALL the players, not just to the inattentive ones...and a similar act of injustice could very well affect you and I tomorrow. That's what my thread is really protesting against.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)