Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #5108
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Why not?
A finite entity cannot create itself because it would have to have abilities that only the infinite has. For example a universe that has a birth has a death. How can that which is finite which means limited to a world of duality (birth and death) cause its own birth and existence from the dimension of death and non existence? Impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
In any case we're talking about an infinite entity, viz., God, and there is no evidence that such an entity exists.
Because God is infinite it is important to understand the dimensional differences between infinity and the finite in comprehending God.

Because we are finite, our finite oriented brains cannot comprehend the concept of infinity. But if we can go "outside" our minds for a moment through a higher consciousness experience (through various means), we will find you can comprehend infinity because our higher consciousness is linked to the infinite. You cannot comprehend infinity with a finite brain.

Its similar to our dreams that speak a different language than our waking minds. We have no clue what our dreams were really about all night in our heads. If we can't even understand what our dreams are saying, how can we understand infinity? Only the consciousness made for dreams can understand it and that needs to be accessed to do so. Similarly with understanding the infinite or God.

Because of this dilemma of the finite not being able to comprehend the infinite, a lot of religions use "faith" to bypass comprehension of the incomprehensible infinite God. Personally I needed more than that. What happened to me was "proof" sent to me through "phenomena" in my life that transcended my belief that all there is was the finite.

You said you were agnostic. That's fine with me and i have no interest in persuading you to any religion or belief because I have a personal relationship with God and do not need a religion to tell me my place or yours. God shows me my place personally. I only respond because of what you claim that I disagree with, similar to boxcar with his zealous remarks. My experience disproves your claims of no God until proven. It also disproves boxcars claims of an angry God.

I found that the infinite does not play by the same rules as the finite and the misinterpretation of that is the source of different views on God from Atheism to hard core,(you're going to hell) believers.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)