Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #10230
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
"When Jesus returns to restore all things, will he be returning from the Past or coming out of the world's Future?

Though outside of time, he would be returning to the world's present.
I didn't ask you that. From WHERE will Christ be be returning as of right now: From the Past or from the Future? I asked if the return of Christ is in the world's Future or the Past.

Quote:
God has also ordained efficient causation, whereby matter "relentlessly" gets older. You rely on chronological time so as to distinguish past, present, and future, in order to argue against it by conceiving of the future as "moving to meet us". That phrase is purely arbitrary. "We are moving to meet the future" can be another's choice phrasing, by looking at her alarm clock, or intuitively favoring the divinely inspired concept of progress ("Repent"! and change for your fullest realization of human flourishing).
Actually, I rely on the Present to distinguish between the the components of Time. I determine the flow of Time from the Present only. One hour from now WILL become Now, and Now WILL become one hour into the Past in 60 minutes.

Note carefully the tenses of the verbs that in bold. This is because the fountainhead of all time is the Future. If Time logically flowed to us from the Past we'd have to use past tense verbs, which would be totally incoherent.

And Hcap brought up the same objection about "we're moving to meet the future". But we only move as we're on the planet that is moving. The future will meet us, providing this planet keeps moving -- just in the same way Tomorrow will greet us from the East if the planet stays in motion.

» Advertisement