Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #9903
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
First of all the sky only appears to move because of the earths' rotation

The earths' direction of rotation takes place in the 3 dimension of space, and a 4th dimension, time "which also contains" the first 3 and permits "degrees of freedom"

...In many scientific fields, the degrees of freedom of a system is the number of parameters of the system that may vary independently. For example, a point in the plane has two degrees of freedom for translation: its two coordinates; a non-infinitesimal object on the plane might have additional degrees of freedoms related to its orientation.

Our local progression of befores and afters also includes the nearby cosmos, and all of that "move.s" along with the earth and you and every particle of matter and energy at the same rate of before and after..

You need a much larger frame of reference than OUR planet spinning on it's axis.

Claiming the future "approaches and passes thru us to transform all around us into the present and then the past(ugh!) "

assumes you are not part of that local rate of before and after of every bit of reality surrounding us

You are bunky

...Time is often thought of as the fourth dimension. Time plays a key role as a dimension in mathematical formulations of physical laws and theories such as general relativity and string theory.

Tomorrow, today and yesterday are simply convenient terms relative to us to identify the progression of events. As is the future, the present and the past.
I never said anything about the sky moving, so what are you talking about? Are you confusing Matter that moves through Space for Space itself?

And I do have a much larger frame of reference -- the sun, moon and stars -- all of which are Matter in MOTION. MOTION thru Space is necessary for Time.. Do you agree or disagree?

So, are you still wearing that yellow stripe down your back or are you going to accept the terms to my wager which I have posted twice in the last couple of days?

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)