Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 07:41 AM   #7707
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I repeat, how can you know if you have not read their books? You can't.

It's still a straw man. It's convenient that you listed the gods of a religion that few practice today. Try Hinduism.
I never had a Hindu knock on my door either spreading their good news -- not even their sacred cow manure. Nor have I ever heard of a Hindus evangelizing.

I omitted a lot of religions because, as Hcap is so fond of pointing out to us so often, they share this common behavior (in this case), in that none of them have any good news to share with the world. No, not one! But Christianity is unique. Christians have the greatest news in the world to share with the world!
This is why we try to share the gospel of forgiveness whenever we can.

And the Far East religions/philosophies are no better. Have you ever been evangelized by a Buddhist? I haven't. And what great news do they have to offer -- that's it's the religion of 1,001 chances in case none of us get it right in this life? And if we don't, then we can all get to look forward to do this life over and over and over and over...until someday we do? That's the good news?

All those books out there that I haven't read have this in common: Not one of them teach that God so loved the world that he took on human flesh so that he could die and pay the penalty of sin for all those who would believe on him. Not one of these religions can say about themselves what Paul said about himself, for example, that the grace of God was poured out on him abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ (1Tim 1:14).

If any of these books taught these kinds of things, the believers would be compelled by God's grace within their soul to share that kind of great news with their fellow man. I don't have to read all the world's religious or philosophical books to discern the best from the rest. There is no religious leader under heaven whose wisdom can begin to compare with Christ's.

I mean...look at how the story that got off to a rocky start in the Garden of Eden, nonetheless it finally winds up with a very happy and glorious ending in a new and even better Eden! The infinite wisdom of God is such that he can work his will and purpose for all his created imagers, through their very corrupt free wills, to achieve his objective -- to reach his intended goal. He can work his will through us in spite of our sinful hearts, which is also the seat of our volition.

Tell me, Mr. Actor, which other god in any other religion has done such a thing? But if Hcap's "wisdom" is emblematic of the world's, Hcap would have had God do a huge do-over. He would have had God abandon his idea of creating creatures made in his image. He would have had God admit defeat, and start over again. But would a defeated God been worthy of our love, adoration, faith and obedience? Wouldn't the serpent god who gained the victory in the Garden been far more worthy of our loyalty?

If for no other reason at all...God is worthy of our love, adoration and reverence just for his pure genius -- just for his infinite knowledge and wisdom and his power to implement his will -- in spite of all his fallen, hate-filled, rebellious imagers resisting him and even outright rejecting him. To my mind, that kind of God is more than impressive. I'm awe-struck by such a loving and all-wise God.

» Advertisement