Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 01:28 PM   #7503
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You claim god is an omniscient deity, and an omnipotent deity
Why can't you reason your way into understanding such claims logically invalidate free will exists? Logically your god is responsible for knowing and establishing the universe from beginning to end.
Logically none of what you just babbled is verifiable.
Angels, Christ being perfect, or sin
Free to accept, free to reject is what is in question
In order to to question your assumptions, I need not provide my own "scheme". But I have. You accuse me of being godless and blow your stack.
Maybe there are other choices that we can not grasp in our usual mechanical state of being. You are stuck playing word games
God's attributes are no more inconsistent with free will than his love is with his justice. Unless God is a mindless machine or was coerced or forced by something to create the universe (both scenarios utterly absurd), then the only other option is that God freely chose to create. And since angels and men are created in his image, then it stands to reason he has given his rational creation the same power of fee choice.

You're the one who is constantly harping on how we mere mortals must have empathy, compassion and sympathy and the rest for our fellow man; but how can we have or feel or act on those qualities apart from having free choice. Can we really have compassion on someone apart from choosing to do so? Can we love someone, apart from choosing to do so? What is it that can make an act of kindness to another make the one bestowing the act stand out heads and shoulders above the rest? At the end of the day, is it really the act or is it the fact that a person for some seemingly inexplicable reason chose to do something for another that everyone else chose not do? Take the parable of the Good Samaritan, for example.

And what I said about Christ and the holy angels is verifiable in scripture -- the scripture you have freely chosen to not believe.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)