Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 10:40 AM   #5
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
IMO this is a better idea than lower take Pick 5s or 6s. I think the average bettor is better off with less volatility in their results. That's what they'll get from WPS, EX and DB.

I think the main question is whether a lower take bet like this brings in enough new money to offset the lower take or whether it just shifts the betting from other pools to the double pool instead.
Has to help with churn IMO. This whole thing with people getting a monthly check, going deep into long horizontals, mechanically separated from their money immediately and then you don't see them again for another month or even two is the absolute worst thing for the game. Things are moving in the right direction IMO. Long horizontals are fine for a subset of people but it isn't something the game should try to hang its hat on. They're at least trying to help their customers here. Projected odds is the other piece of it IMO, dynamic morning line, call it what you will but it builds a safety net of sorts with respect to keeping people more consistently on the horses they want at the prices they want, I'm not sure if that's in the works at all at KEE though.

Last edited by MJC922; 03-30-2024 at 10:49 AM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom