Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tax Reform
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 10:07 PM   #38
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Federal income tax paid/AGI, I don't think there are.

I'll have to back off my "no one". I don't know that. It's probable that across the entire tax paying population, there are some. But they are very few.

To be fair, I was responding to someone claiming a 25% flat tax would save most American's money.

I know wrong doesn't have actual degrees but if it did "no one pays 35%" is still closer to the truth than "a 25% flat tax saves everyone money".
The proposed Flat Tax "brackets" are 10%, 25%, and 35%. That is a flat tax.

Nobody making less than $17,000 or so (May be wrong on this number, but there is one) will pay a nickel in Federal Income Taxes, so yes, there will be a floor.

I'd be in favor of ramping up from 0% to 10% obviously based upon income, but I am all for this bracket.

Either way 10% is outstanding. The poorest of the poor actually working and bringing in income are taxed below previous levels. (Even the diehard Dems and Obama couldn't bring those kinds of promises home for "their" supposed voters and supporters.)

Top end of 35%? Yeah, with basically zero deductions, I'd be fairly certain that most (most as in > 51%) will pay more in Federal Taxes than they ever would have before in previous years. Any percentage going up in THIS tax bracket makes up for millions of people in "tax breaks" in other brackets, amirite?

But hey, lets just throw around stupid crap like nearly 40% and now 35%, and our Prez is giving the rich a Tax break. Schumer and Pelosi already have that craziness covered.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)