Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #103
Poindexter

I do not know why this discussion on gun control got so heated. Man has a right to his opinion. If you want to have all conservative viewpoints in this forum, it won't make much of a discussion forum.

From my viewpoint, I have never owned a gun, never wanted to own a gun and likely will never own a gun. Have never spent one second of one day at anytime in my life every fearing that I was going to get shot. The thought of people "hunting for sport" bothers me greatly(always has).

The effect of guns? Frankly a whole bunch of people end up dead that wouldn't if there weren't so many out there. It seems like these days too many altercations end up with someone pulling out a gun and shooting and killing someone else. People end up dead others end up in prison for a long time. Not exactly a win/win situation. Also it is not always criminals or bad people. Just people that get too heated and their emotions create a bad and often times stupid reaction. You have suicides by gun (maybe they would kill themselves anyhow, maybe they would reconsider). You have accidentals gun deaths. You have innocent people killed (person A is shooting at person B and person C ends up dead). Did not even get into the mass shootings.

While I see the logic that the bad guys will always have guns and if you stop the good guys from getting them it isn't right/fair. But if I don't own a gun or have any desire to own a gun, obviously to me (fwiw) the threat of being killed by a bad guy with a gun is pretty low. Doesn't mean it cannot or will not happen, I just choose to live my life not worrying about it. That doesn't mean that my neighbor should not have the right to own guns and be able to protect himself/herself if they so choose. Bottom line is adults make adult decisions.

All that being said, in my mind there is only one reason why we need guns out there. Power hungry governments. That to me is the biggest threat to people. When government gets out of control cough cough (Trudeau and the like), I like the fact that there are a whole bunch people out there with a whole lot of guns and ammo. The fact that this power hungry demoncrat party doesn't stop talking gun control anytime there is a mass shooting speaks volumes to me. Never let a crisis go to waste.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)