Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #9
eqitec

Trainer Points

I use the trainer performance stats supplied by BRIS in the $1.drf data files. They supply as many as 6 stats, some of which ridiculously irrelevant and/or misleading.

For the stats which are useful, I've built analytics showing when trainer's performance for any reported attribute is N% higher than his/her overall winning %s (for at least X#starts.) Todd Pletcher's winning % with 1st-time starters might be 28%, but if that's not much different than his overall winning %, then it's no big deal.

Alternatively, if another trainer has an overall winning performance stat for 1st time starters = 28% AND their overall winning % is 10%, then that is a big deal. The variance between the 28% and the 10% are highlighted on my analytics (shown in the image) and scoring (not shown) is proportional to the size of the variance. The scoring for these attributes are then factored in to the other analytics for that horse.

Attached Images
File Type: png TAttr1to3.png (61.9 KB, 28 views)
eqitec is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement