Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
I agree with you Grits. that was one of the classiest moment of the Derby coverage.

Unfortunately, once again NBC is covering the Derby as a horserace/dumb celebrity/fashion show. I am sick of airheaded models and fashion designers spouting their nonsense selections based on the horse's name or the color and design of the jockey's silks. How stupid can they be? Why don't they bother to bring in professional handicappers and writers like Beyer,Crist or our CJ who are true experts of the sport. Thank goodness for Randy Moss and Jerry Bailey.
What they are doing is wasting racing fans' time with fashionistas who know little and care less about the sport.
This will not build a larger fan base for racing while turning off serious fans and handicappers.

It seems to me horse racing and many sports in general seem to take the serious hard core fans for granted. They know you aren't going anywhere no matter what they throw at you. I cannot stand Bob Costas, once someone spews political crap in a sports broadcast they are done in my book. His presence on any sports broadcast turns my stomach, yet he may get me to hit the mute button, but I don't switch the channel.

On the other hand the Derby is in that unique group of sporting events that attract a huge group people to a big party atmosphere who care nothing about what sport the event is centered around. Those people range from the big open air frat house party in the infield to the high dollar events in private areas attended by Hollywood elite.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)