Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 04:50 AM   #5511
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Actually, in recent years I have spent considerably less time on this forum "debating". I have taken Rev 22:10-11 to heart, along with other passages of similar genre.

Regarding the link above, the statement does not comport at all with the testimony of scripture. The inspired writers laid the blame of Jesus' death primarily on the Jews -- but not solely upon them. Obviously, the gentiles (represented by Rome that in turn was represented by Pilate) was complicit in his death. After all -- the Messiah came to his own, but his own received him not! (Jn 1:11) Jesus wasn't born in Asia Minor, or Rome, or in Asia but in Bethlehem in the city of David.
I think you should rethink the historical consequences of ignoring the more accurate and more in line with Christ's teaching, of that CATECHISM posted by dnlgfnk

"Neither all Jews indiscriminately at that time, nor Jews today, can be charged with the crimes committed during his Passion. . . [T]he Jews should not be spoken of as rejected or accursed as if this followed from holy Scripture."

With Luther's antisemitism......

Several months after publishing On the Jews and Their Lies, Luther wrote the 125-page Vom Schem Hamphoras und vom Geschlecht Christi (Of the Unknowable Name and the Generations of Christ), in which he equated Jews with the Devil:

Here in Wittenburg, in our parish church, there is a sow carved into the stone under which lie young pigs and Jews who are sucking; behind the sow stands a rabbi who is lifting up the right leg of the sow, raises behind the sow, bows down and looks with great effort into the Talmud under the sow, as if he wanted to read and see something most difficult and exceptional; no doubt they gained their Shem Hamphoras from that place.

.................................................. .................................
I gave you ample opportunity to confront how Hitler's antisemitic motivations snared the bigotry of the German people to help launch WWII, killing hundreds of thousands and how 2,000 years of your misunderstanding of Jews as "Christ killers" brought about pogroms and propped up dictators like Stalin.

You called documented history drivel.

I would add the Passion is a spiritual metaphor for one individual's struggle to reach the "Father". Jews representing how we all forget the ultimate goal, and get caught up in ones VEHICLE, instead of REMEMBERING where that worn out vehicle is meant to take us.

The Jews represent the confusion of the map for the territory. THEY FORGOT the inner meaning of Judaism. Christ's goal was to remind them.

Jews were not "Christ Killers" literally, for rejecting a wake up call.

Last edited by hcap; 08-11-2020 at 04:58 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement