Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 04:49 PM   #5506
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Earlier I tried to present a rebuttal to boxcar's exclusivity that Jesus was the only way to the divine. Brought up as a Jew with later extensive first-hand experiences with many ways and traditions, I categorically reject that notion.

I attempted to contrast the antisemitism of his Martin Luther's worn out jalopy, versus Jesus' Cadillac. There are obvious differences.

I did a week long retreat with Catholic brothers 50 years ago. None of them pranced around chanting "I am Holier-than -Thou. And condemning their fellow beings to hell. Or objecting a non-Catholic learn from them lovingly and humbly. Their braggadocio was in check. That was part of the goal

You objectYet you have not objected to the misunderstanding of THE METAPHOR, NOT FACT, that the Jews murdered Jesus, entrenching Christianity in a 2,000 year dark shadow of antisemitism and ignorance cast by the likes of Luther.

There is no comparison in Actors evident objection to boxcar's insult leveled at me, and psychiatry, and to boxcar's jalopy rambling around, running out of gas, and running people over.
I have not engaged here in a long time, being allergic to the ad hominem attacks and regurgitated arguments being recycled for the nth time. I caught a glance of Boxcar's car dealer lot and laughed as mentioned. Checking later for any elaboration, I caught some fragments of the argument for syncretism vs. the exclusivity of Christ. I'm not reading posts laced with my allergies already mentioned, but scanning for something relevant to me. That leaves out any context such as antisemitism, etc., and I am seriously uninterested in the bulk of arguments that I would answer differently than Boxcar in most cases (e.g., [Christ] the embrace of suffering vs. [Eastern mysticism] meditative release from suffering, remember? Why should I jump in and revive our conversation?).

Actor is interesting because though there are countless adherents to empiricism, I've experienced few who exhibit it so consistently in their internet personality when it serves (requests for exacting definitions, examination of metaphor vis-à-vis science texts, etc., all while encircled within one's own bubble). In any event, it was of hardly any consequence to me, coming across it after the last race at Lone Star late at night.

However, this sequence was very consequential to me, about a poster since banned I think. I simply don't read paragraphs or grasp contexts here anymore here unless I'm personally engaged, as in this instance, when the individual had more difficulty with ethnicity than messiahship in the person of Jesus...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...3&postcount=30

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)