Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 05:18 AM   #4
MJC922

Finding three overlays with the field sizes we typically see today is going to be a challenge. It can happen but for it to occur there almost has to be a horse in the race (typically if not always it would have to be the actual race favorite) which is extremely overbet in your estimation.

If you wanted to do this a lot more often like as an every race strategy then maybe HK racing with the larger field sizes might be the way to go. One of the three can certainly be a break-even horse that just boosts the win% but still in 6 horse fields let's face it you're typically going to be spinning your wheels or cutting the profits from your largest overlay horse by using more than a single vs the takeout.

I like the idea of dutching and I guess you could say that I do something somewhat similar but with doubles. It has to be a specific scenario to work though, as stated above you need an overbet favorite to lay against. When you've identified that, spread, then be more direct in the other leg.

Last edited by MJC922; 03-07-2024 at 05:31 AM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.