Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:59 PM   #5696
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Wrong! He who makes the claim (and you have claimed that Jesus never existed), the burden of proof lay with that person.
What was the original claim and who made it? It was the early Christians. Thus the burden of proof lies with them. The passage of of 1950 years does not shift the burden of proof away from them or their modern day followers.

Quote:
He's not a theologian, per se.
It's difficult to say what he is. He attended Christian schools but there seems to be nothing about his major. Whatever, his current employment is in the Department of Religion.

Quote:
And don't worry, I'm getting both sides of the story.
Not if you're getting it from Ehrman. If you are then it's hearsay.
Quote:
I'm now in Part II of his book which deals with the claims of mythicists. Chapter 6, in fact, is titled: The Mythicist Case: Weak and Irrelevant Claims. Trust me on this: I don't have to wade through tons of mythicist horse manure before I smell the stench of their excrement! I was already introduced to a guy in his book by the name of Robert Price, and this guy was very proficient in performing great feats of mental gymnastics when trying to nullify a very embarrassing and inconvenient truth that Jesus had a brother named James. Price realized what a huge problem James was to the myth theory but for the life of himself, he was unable to come up with a reasoned and rational argument for how a non-existent person could have had a brother that is actually identified as such ...
Obviously the brother also did not exist. Seriously, don't you see that?

Quote:
... in the NT scriptures.
Scripture proves nothing. Any claim that it does is preaching to the choir. The NT in particular is entirely fiction, unlike the OT which has a few tidbits that correspond to secular records. And the sources of those tidbits were very likely secular.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)