Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #59
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
I believe this to be true but am normally shot down by those that are employed by the industry in some facet. I know they are in a precarious position to balance objectivity with a positive face. It's tough and I don't envy them.

But I certainly hope, at least privately, everyone understands how detrimental to the health of the game these situations are. They seem to be happening at an alarming rate.
The thing that is hurting this game the most, IMO...is that there is no independent investigative journalism in this game. No matter what grave injustice is committed in this game, the tendency is to try and whitewash it...because all the remaining "journalistic" outlets have their own financial futures directly related to the financial wellbeing of the game. What incentive does the DRF have to report about these disturbing issues on the front page...when the end result would be enraging the horseplayer to the extent where he might take a long hiatus from the sport...causing the DRF to possibly lose a customer?

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-11-2018 at 02:19 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)