Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

August 2019 ADW roundup: Who do you like?

What's the latest wisdom on best ADWs?

I have Twinspires, NYRABets, and DRFBets. I primarily play the NYRA and Mid-Atlantic circuits, mainly Laurel. Plus big races elsewhere. I avoid western circuits just to keep my awareness manageable.

Twinspires
  • Best feature: sortable tote, automatically updated. I'll keep an account here just for that.
  • Other features: built in BRIS handicapping metrics. Free BRIS pps with wager. Occasional bet promos.
  • Downside: many reported problems. Are they cleared up? I don't otherwise notice much lacking in coverage. The video of NYRA is more reliable than via NYRA; a black eye for that one.
NYRABets
  • Best feature: integration with NYRA content, particularly Talking Horses analysis broken out per race. But there are bad issues here.
  • Other features: I guess 40 basis points rebate on NYRA tracks is about the best rebate going for mere mortals. Seems hardly worth administering, though.
  • Downside: Despite tight video integration, the live race video is useless. You have to click a bunch of times to get it playing, creating more delay, the most of any of these ADWs. Then, without fail, it hangs right around post time and stays hung up until after the race. Infuriating. Shameful that I need another ADW to watch NYRA races in real time! (I have gigabit internet and a new computer and my neighbors don't play so unlikely a problem on my end)
DRFBets
  • Best feature: Seems to have the most reliable video of these three
  • Other features: Basically a rebranded Xpressbet, so it's a competent platform. Ticketmaker is handy, moreso for horizontal play. Occasional bet promos. Integration with DRF content, but...
  • Downside: Cut back access to DRF content dramatically last month. Now requires $500 monthly handle to grant DRF Plus access. Was any wager per month. I opened the account when it had free TFUS pps with a wager on the card; that's long gone. I'm mothballing this one until a compelling reason comes along to return.

Common features
  • These all have comprehensive track coverage even though they're beholden to their owners' tracks. They also have good recordkeeping. I mainly need a clean export, but Twinspires and NYRABets have good snapshots of ROI. I haven't used DRFBets much for that.
  • Rewards programs are useless. To play at a level where they become substantial suggests you should be playing where you get a proper rebate regime rather than points program.

Alternatives
  • Xpressbet has been kicking around as long as any and should work tight with Stronach tracks like Laurel. Seems pretty bare bones though. The DRF version might be the better option, despite the recent setback in value there.
  • I'm intrigued by Amwager, but seems like a very small shop with some gaps in coverage
  • BetPTC is another I've revisited a few times, but not available to me in Maryland last I checked, and has limited track coverage
  • I had TVG when it had free TFUS pps, but that ended when DRF took on TFUS. Also seems more West Coast oriented.
For now its Twinspires and NYRABets for me. Twinspires has the most compelling feature set and overall competence (despite the recent problems—anyone having any now?), and I play NYRA enough to use the in-house platform.

Who do you like?
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)