Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Pegasus Cup
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #126
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If someone gets loose, I think it's unlikely they will be loose in a slow pace. Whoever gets the lead is going to have to earn it.

I can see Sharp Azteca stalking if someone out breaks him or has an advantage due to post position, but I can't see him taking back. He's probably faster than these horses coming out of the speed filled shorter races and I'm not sure I'd want him trying to close down Gun Runner and Collected going longer. He's gotten really good, but I'd still prefer him turning for home with the lead.

I can't see Collected being ridden like he was last time. That didn't work. He is almost definitely going to be ridden more aggressively to get good position.

Gunner Runner will be close.

The pace almost has be honest or a little quick.

If 2 of them get a little carried away due to post position it could get hot, but I can't imagine it being suicidal. That would be too dumb when you are going for this much money. Going really hard and risking finishing off the board would be damn expensive when you can't even sure going really hard will work.

I'm going to wait for the PP draw and as always to see how the track is playing, but if I try to beat Gun Runner, it will probably be with West Coast. He's younger and still lightly raced enough to jump up. He'll also be close enough. If the track and post is against him and more with inside speed, maybe I'll take a shot with Sharp Azteca. If it all looks neutral maybe I'll go with a beer.
I'll join you with the beer. Gun Runner's last race, and how many times has a good horse as the favorite lost the last one, it seems to always to happen. I have sort of become a fan of this horse and think I will sit this one out and just cheer him on.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)