Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
thespaah

I think it's a mistake. NYRA is simply spreading the same number of people over more dates. Since the meet went from 30 to 36 now 40 dates, attendance on Mon, Weds and Thurs has not been what it was. And Typically Saratoga attendance almost is dismal the week after the Travers.
Not only that, the facility takes a pounding over a longer meet. I think a month long meet is plenty. Either than or the week should go to 5 days.
Oh, I think the Travers Stakes should be run on Labor Day weekend. In the northeast, that is the traditional end of the summer season. Why not go out with a bang.
I realize that it is Saratoga traditon to run the Schuylerville on openoing day and the Hopeful on closing weekend. Sometimes things have to be adjusted. I see no harm in running the Travers on closing weekend. This would place the Jim Dandy 5 or 6 weeks out front of the Travers. Hmmmm.

Last edited by thespaah; 07-19-2010 at 10:06 PM.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)